Fixing headlamp bowls

Hi

Are the headlamp bowls riveted to the body? I ask because I note the usual vendors sell a spire nut (moss part number FC2804). If there’s a way to fix them with spire nuts and self tappers I’d rather do that than rivet them.

It’s not clear to me however, if I’m right in thinking that’s the use of these spire nuts, and if I am, how to fit them. 

Thanks

Mark

Hi Mark,

a rivet would do that indeed. A rivnut can be installed in just the metal of the wing.

Hope this helps.

Waldi

Yes you install the rivnut into the panel then you can affix the bowl and rubber with a machine screw.

Stuart.

Could I just add that headlights have a horizontal top(?) to the beam. The headlights fit to the bowls with no rotational alignment.  It is worth checking that the beams are horizontal before securing the bowls to the body. Many lenses have clearly visible moulding in the glass which is very easy to check if horizontal without powering up.

- Badly described but I know what I mean! Mine were out by about 10-15' which the MOT man pointed out on his test kit. 

Alan