Seat brackets

3 minutes ago, frp932l said:

Does anybody have a drawing for conversion brackets from mx5 to tr6. Seats being redone next week so I now need some brackets.

Thanks.

If your going back to TR6 seats from MX ones then you will need original runners of which I have a pair, if your going the other way then the Technicalities CD has the drawing for the brackets and how to fit the seats in there.

Stuart.

On 10/25/2019 at 2:32 PM, stuart said:

If your going back to TR6 seats from MX ones then you will need original runners of which I have a pair, if your going the other way then the Technicalities CD has the drawing for the brackets and how to fit the seats in there.

Stuart.

But if your going from TR6 to MX5 seats I have a spare set of brackets from Paul Bishop (as below) which I cut down two of the studs too short for me (replaceable) and are they available if you want them, one is already painted - £25, pus postage. (now sold)

TR6 - MX5 Seat Brackets

Cheers, Andrew

Edited by Andrew Smith
1 hour ago, frp932l said:

Hi Andrew, I assume the studs are the 4 which are used to fix the mx5 seat, are these bolts which screw in from underneath? So with some new bolts they would be ok?

Niel

Hi Niel,

Yes, they bolt into the existing captive nuts in the floor pan, the studs are welded so are replaceable and fit into the seat runners using two nuts/washers per stud (I only have 2 spare nuts) so are height adjustable. Paul Bishop sells the brackets (£60 a pair) with his seats.

Cheers, Andrew

18 hours ago, Andrew Smith said:

But if your going from TR6 to MX5 seats I have a spare set of brackets from Paul Bishop (as below) which I cut down two of the studs too short for me (replaceable) and are they available if you want them, one is already painted - £25, pus postage.

TR6 - MX5 Seat Brackets

Cheers, Andrew

Not a fan of those as theyre nowhere near as strong as the technicalities ones.

Stuart.

1 hour ago, stuart said:

Not a fan of those as theyre nowhere near as strong as the technicalities ones.

Stuart.

Stuart, I tried the ones you fitted to the MX5 seats in Tony's TR6 and felt they sat me about 30mm too high (I'm 5'11"), Paul's brackets sit lower and suit me perfectly and are the same as sold by and fitted by TR Trader. I know the Techincalities ones fitted in your TR4A suit you at 6'3" (plus a bit?), so maybe it's the difference between the Mk1 and 2 seat?

Cheers, Andrew

I have Mk 2 seats, its often the difference between original seats and overstuffed new ones. I fitted them to Dave IOW TR5 and he has no problem and hes as tall as me.

Stuart.

LAM666F_07 - Copy.JPG

Edited by stuart

Hi All

Reading this one with interest.

On a whim I bought some Mx5 seats to do a temp fit to my 6 whilst I refurb the existing seats.

So I’m looking at min spend on brackets etc as, one it’s a temp job and two I’m not paying more for brackets than seats and believe me the seats were cheap cheap cheap and although they are cloth they are in suprisingly good nick.

So some questions.

These (or something similar) look simple enough to knock up but I’d like to see the technicalities brackets as a pic rather than the drawings, so does anyone have any pic of the brackets either in the car with no seats or on the seat not in the car.

It would help me to either do something similar or come up with a design I can fabricate out of box section.

Cheers

Keith

Hi Sean

Those are a little more simple than I’d expected.

I’ve actually go two probs.

First my Mx5 brackets are angled so not sure how they would fit on to those style brackets.

Secondly (entirely my own fault) I’ve only got one seat with Mx5 brackets, so I’ll be fabricating something and of course it won’t offer for and aft adjustment, but hey its just the pass seat so who cares.

So does anyone know if these technicalities style brackets fit the angled Mx5 seats brackets on my driver’s seat od you I need to junk those and lose any adjustment.

Ta  Keith

Mx5 Seat with bracket.jpg

Mx5 Seat no bracket.jpg

Edited by Keith66
correction

Hi Keith,

Take the runners off the seats and bend the ends  straight in the vise. The holes will line up to these type of brackets.

I hope this helps,

Kind Regards,

Dave from Spain

image.thumb.png.78167a1bf266bb6a2a3812556fb99640.png

f you read the Technicalities CD you will see that you remove those bent sections completely from the runners and then fit them to the brackets then, it drops the seats considerably.

Stuart.

Hi Stuart

lol. guilty of being a bit lazy there.

But as they say pictures paints a 1000 words.

And of course i've still got one with and one without the original brackets, so a bit of design needed this end.

Cheers Keith