Bill De Selincourt Goodwood TR3

This was on the register stand in 2017 wasn’t it. ?

£195k

advert in octane mag

4E25D148-6EBD-4450-8A36-ED8E56980C7F.jpeg

02B2D3D3-FA4B-4786-87C5-33AB2BB59421.jpeg

Ugly, innit? I turned it down in 1979 for £395 when it belonged to Andrew Ledingham…..its running was as rough as a bear's bum...….

Why so much loot? Well, it was a famous Goodwood entrant around 1959/60 in Bill's hands and won the Motorsport  Brooklands memorial trophy series....I think, without looking it up,  two years in a row.....winning a number of marque sports car races at Goodwood and elsewhere....I researched its history for Darrryl a few years back and it has certainly been well rebuilt recently, but 195k....? More than somewhat optimistic I'd say, especially in today's bloody awful market (ask any dealer.....)…..still, should be a Goodwood entry "golden ticket" as they say......Bill P.

I spent a day with Darryl putting together the feature article for this car which appeared in TR Action 294, November 2016, Page 41. 

Can't believe it's that long ago already!