Final drive output shafts

My TR4A final drive is leaking badly from the output shaft oil seals. I note that Paddock motors do a recon unit for the TR6 (JPS322L) which includes new bearing, seal etc. Will these fit the TR4A?  I note from the parts books the inner axle shaft has different part numbers but are the complete units inter changeable?

I know the part numbers are different, as the L/H shaft is just a little bit longer than the R/H, I'm not sure if the splines of the sun gears are the same, but they may be, perhaps somebody else could confirm.

John 

The output shafts come out of the diff easily, the tricky bit is separating the taper to fit new seals.

i bolted mine ‘back to back’ which worked nicely, and no leaks in the 5 years since !post-9473-0-89147100-1498316594_thumb.jpg

Hi Phil,

Re separating the output shafts to replace the oil seals, I did the same as Steve but uses some old big end bolts rather than ordinary bolts. Using these bolts mean you can really tighten the bolts without stretching which has always worked for me. Sometimes a hammer blow to the flange is needed once under tension to brake the tapered shaft.

Rich