Best new stainless bumpers

11 minutes ago, marki said:

Hi All.

I'm looking for the best place to order a new set of stainless bumpers, has anybody recently bought any ?

cheers Mark.

TR Shop do them at a good price.

Stuart.

I got mine from Moss a couple of months ago, they had an offer on at the time, I'm pretty sure only the one place makes them so probably just shop around. 

IMG_20190831_133318_645.thumb.jpg.444325718380e8a825391cd5fed36a75.jpgIMG_20190902_124101_824.thumb.jpg.0636b568a8f122a5e02948531ca113f1.jpg

34 minutes ago, DRD said:

I think they are all made in Vietnam by a company called Harrington.

You can buy direct from them.

+1.

I believe Harringtons make all the stainless bumpers. Just buy wherever is cheapest, probably direct.

I did that 6 years ago and have been very pleased with the bumpers.

Nigel

https://groupharrington.com/brand/triumph/page/2/

Not sure if any money is saved buying direct...plus if it arrived damaged that would be fun sorting that out sending it back etc

I'd personally buy from a uk supplier such as TR shop

56 minutes ago, jogger321 said:

https://groupharrington.com/brand/triumph/page/2/

Not sure if any money is saved buying direct...plus if it arrived damaged that would be fun sorting that out sending it back etc

I'd personally buy from a uk supplier such as TR shop

When I brought a set of SS bumpers for my Stag that is exactly the logic i used - I went to a uk supplier.

...... Andy 

Did a search last night after my post above, including a query to Harrington Direct about whether their website prices include VAT or not as it wasn't mentioned.

TR Shop sell them for TR5 at £850.00.

Had reply from Harrington at 0800 hrs this morning! All taxes are paid and their normal web price direct, including shipping is £795.00 all in. To make it better, they have a sale until end of October with 10% discount inc on Shipping. Price delivered to me £716.00.

I've had quotes for re chroming my existing bumpers and over riders ranging from £580.00 + VAT(questionable), £700.00 + VAT and up to £1100.00 + VAT.

No contest. Order placed with Harrington awaiting invoice to pay.

Dave McD

Hi Dave

I have new SS & original chrome ones for a TR6 - I was also put off by high prices for re-chrome. I know the process is time consuming but at the time I was quoted £900+VAT not including dent repairs. The SS became a cost effective choice.

I can check the thickness tomorrow if you wish?

The TR6 SS type are made by welding top & bottom pieces together & then finished by polishing. I did have one of the corners where I could see distortion, however the whole rear bumper was replaced (by TR shop) without issue. I was told they are a matched set. In general though I have to say the quality is very good considering the manufacturing process.The only other point to note is there is a slight difference in colour if you put a chrome set next to stainless steel but unless you were parked next to another car with chrome you would not notice.

Alan    

How eay is it to polish scratches out of these stainless bumpers? I ask because I helped install stainless ones onto a Stag and they scratched sooooo easily I would never consider buying them for my TR- feedback from those who have them may change my mind but I know that the rechromed ones definitely do not scratch as easily from my experience. 

Regards

Michael

4 hours ago, michaeldavis39 said:

How eay is it to polish scratches out of these stainless bumpers? I ask because I helped install stainless ones onto a Stag and they scratched sooooo easily I would never consider buying them for my TR- feedback from those who have them may change my mind but I know that the rechromed ones definitely do not scratch as easily from my experience. 

Regards

Michael

A chap in a C Max hit my Stag on the rear 1/4 bumper, he took 3 points of damage to his bodywork, I wiped his paint off, not a mark on my SS bumper, great product.

22 minutes ago, michaeldavis39 said:

Iani not my experience at all, also they feel thinner than the originals too. 

Michael

I agree they are thinner, I also agree that side by side against fresh chrome they don't look quite as good, but given my experience with their resilience I would certainly buy them again.