National Classic Car Show

Guys good to meet up with you all and even caught up with Mark and John from London and TVG groups

I got chatting as usual and cleanly forgot about the 12 meet, sorry. Did speak to Conrad and Tom Boyd.

My daughter and partner are showing their Alfa Romeo maroon 155 and on the Alfa stand with Kevin McClouds (Grand Design's) Alfa.

Even I have not managed to show a car there and my daughter has beat me to it.

Regards HarryTR5 Nutter

Really cracking day yesterday, Friday, met lots of folk, and always good to put faces to names.

Just want to flag up the sterling work by the 'Team' manning the Register stand, providing both advice and sustinance in equal measure,

Sterling work folks, much appreciated.

John.

I gave hall 8 a miss as it seemed to be full of more modern cars, but try to get round everything else.

I enjoyed watching the E type re-build on the discovery stage they do 3 sessions a day, & hope to drive it off on Sunday PM

Bob.

Great day at the NEC today. Met up with some old and new friends. Lots of interesting cars  and good turn out on the TR register stand. Few over priced TR’s in the dealers hall 32k average TR6 40k modified TR4 and 75k TR5 former Register concourse car.  Looking forward to seeing how The le Manns TR 2 does in tomorrow’s auction 

1F8EC1FA-71B0-422A-9074-AA9E64F2B509.jpeg

8F543294-787D-4F83-B061-1EEEECDD7E85.jpeg

7AB4D297-FE7C-4F84-84B8-F5AA894196B9.jpeg

6CF983DE-7B9A-40FA-A32A-A33D8E05F3EF.jpeg

Hi Hamish think we just missed you on the TR Register Stand. I take it the birthday money didn’t quit stretch to replacing your 3 with the Le Manns TR2. Will catch up soon 

F3BD6B26-E33C-4E6B-9A73-D8F5DC38B6D9.png

9 hours ago, Jonathan Smith said:

I take it the birthday money didn’t quit stretch to replacing your 3 with the Le Manns TR2. Will catch up soon 

F3BD6B26-E33C-4E6B-9A73-D8F5DC38B6D9.png

It’s up for sale to day .............;)

Was Friday quieter than Sat/Sun I went Friday and was surprised how busy it was. 

2 hours ago, Jonathan Smith said:

Lot No. 411 - 1955 Triumph TR2 - PKV 374 - The ex-Works Le Mans 24-hours

Sold for: £258,750

C22B3133-AB5F-4CCC-8111-742A6E6F15BC.png

And here is me saying it wouldn’t sell !!!

48 minutes ago, Graham said:

Was Friday quieter than Sat/Sun I went Friday and was surprised how busy it was. 

It was busy but I thought it wasn’t as busy as previous years although there was a lot on interest around the auction and cars for sale. 40k TR4 sold on Saturday afternoon which must be top pice for a 4 

Friday was busy but Saturday was immense, absolutely packed!!

today was rather quiet in comparison

Tom

Quick question.  Who owned the supercharged TR6 on the TR register stand? I had my supercharged TR6 on the club triumph stand. Popped over a few times to chat to the owner but couldn't see him. 

Tim

Was the £258,750 for Jan's car actually £225,000 with 15% buyer's premium on top?

If so, the auctioneers take £33,750, but would receive  £38,812.50 if the 15% were to be on top of the £258,750.

In fairness to the auctioneers, the 15% includes VAT, so 12.5% to them and 2.5% to the Government.

Does anyone know who purchased the car? 

Let's hope it doesn't become invisible, it deserves to be seen.  I remember the guided tour which Jan gave me at Kop Hill a few years ago, before his untimely and sudden demise.

Ian Cornish

they tend to state the price paid less the vat = £258,750 

so bid price + (15% commission + Vat) is the total paid