peddle box blanking plate

Hello again chaps, i wonder if any one can help with a picture of a post TS-6000 peddle box blanking plate, my car is a TS-76000, and the peddle box blanking plate on mine was just a flat off-cut of steel cobbled together by a previous owner, i know that they differ between models with the pressing. and yes i know i could buy one but as i can move steel i thought i would give it a go.

from what i have noticed on many cars It would seem that some have both sides cut out and some cars have just one side cut out depending on if they are RHD or LHD, mine had both cut on the production line i assume that it was done just in case the factory changed the market it was intended for, though please do correct me if i am wrong before needlessly make a new panel.

You will find a lot of post 60k and a seemingly larger proportion of L/hand drive cars only have the cut outs on one side only.

Stuart

2 hours ago, Fireman049 said:

Hi stuart ~

Could that be because of the TR3B production run?

Tom.

No nothing to do with that as they came much later.

Stuart.

To join the party. VHP529 was an export spec Nov 57 TR3a, taken from the production line on Nov 5 th and  converted to Rhd  by the competitions department. Back on the road and being used for testing on 12 Nov, with a very different specification. TS23***. VHP has both cut outs.

Iain

20 hours ago, Fireman049 said:

Hi RoyM ~

Here's a photo. of my blanking plate from my post TS 60,000 TR3A.   I don't know if this is of any help to you?

Regards ~

Tom.

IMG_0819 - Copy.JPG

Coo look, a Dolomite Sprint expansion tank I think.  Unless you know differently...

That is precisely where I wanted to fix mine, but it ended up on the inner wing opposite the distributor, next to the relocated coil.

Peter W

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT