Supercharged TR6

Moss kit based upon Eaton blower. Kit NLA. Supercharging has much greater appeal in USA than in UK where it is regarded as cheating by racing regs,For road cars it is unmatched for low rpm torque, ideal. 

Peter

Moss no longer do the kit.

Was there a reason for it being discontinued as it would seem a better period route to go than Turbocharging. 

29 minutes ago, PodOne said:

Moss no longer do the kit.

Was there a reason for it being discontinued as it would seem a better period route to go than Turbocharging. 

Rumours I  heard was the carb became NLA ( no longer available) and Moss were unable to source new 2" SUs.

However the blower is  a version of the Eaton M62. So if you can buy a manifold from Moss it would be possible with access to machining for pulleys etc to DIY, Good used 2" SUs coem up on ebay as do M62s.   If the manifold is also NLA then fittting the blower on the disy side of the block is feasible.

Matchinh a turbo to an engine is anightmare, but it was once sold as a kit  by  Arkay.

More on S/c TRs here ( but most forumites have seen it before)  10Mb powerpoint, or PM me for pdf.

https://supertrarged.wordpress.com/2015/08/10/iwe-tech-seminar-supercharging-trs-for-the-road/

Peter

I think they discontinued it for a couple of reasons. But certainly carbs were an issue. The Holley that they use had to be specially drilled so that it could get the correct pressure signal from the manifold.  

I have this setup and it does work well. Great on the mountains of the 10 countries run last month. 

Tim