Sign in to follow this  
YOW500

Triumph TR3/3A Door Lock Mechanism

During the course of a recent restoration I found it difficult to find the door lock mechanism. The item is not available from the usual commercial companies. So, I decided to produce a small number from scratch. I did a CAD drawing of the individual parts, these were then 3D printed to check the detail. The small production run is made up of laser cut and die cast parts, commercially available pinch bolt, clevis pin, and fasteners. The spring is a close copy of the original sourced from a well known Bristol supplier. Please check my classified ad if you are looking for a door lock mechanism.

Russell

IMG_8848.jpeg

IMG_8860.jpeg

That looks nice - well done

Peter W

Another excellent bit of research and fabrication to create an NLA part. Well done.

Hi All

I know Russell personally, also live close enough to him to have seen these parts first hand.

They are exceptionally accurate, very good quality reproduction parts, which were copied from original Stanpart items.

I have checked, and you cannot buy the linkages new anywhere, which was a surprise to me.

Saying that, the parts (as usual) are far more complicated than they first appear, especially the lever with the spindle insert, which may possibly have been too expensive for other companies to replicate commercially.

Anyway Russell, well done for managing to do it.

I know it wasn't a simple or cheap thing to do. 

Cheers,

Simon (Westlake)