Honeybourne Mouldings Back Light and Surrey Top

I have no idea what make it is and it may take a while to find out as he`s permanently away somewhere playing golf! Below is a picture of the car, I dont have one any closer up to it.

Stuart.

photo1545 - Copy.jpg

On 11/10/2019 at 11:26 PM, PaulAnderson said:

Stuart,

Any idea what make their bar is or whether the owner has any photos that they can post.

Paul

In case any help, I have a Safety Devices bar under my Honeybourne backlight. The bar isn't by any means a snug fit, actually several inches between top of bar and Surrey frame, but is the type with no diagonal or harness bar so retains pretty much all of the space on the rear seat/shelf.

Sorry the car is elsewhere right now but this pic shows it more or less.

Nigel

image.thumb.png.36176eac4c91c80793b6b263d696803b.png

Edited by Bleednipple
6 hours ago, Malbaby said:

Graeme, would you please post some pics of your seat belt fitment.

This is the only one I have at the moment. If you need more detail let me know and I can take more pics.

Graeme

Slide scan_004-1024.jpg

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 5:54 AM, graeme said:

If it is any help to anyone, here is a pic of my TR250 with Revington GRP backlight and fitted roll bar.

Cheers

Graeme

TR250_011a-1024.thumb.jpg.5c1bec461bed12cffac0ce67ccef3b28.jpg

That's an ideal solution and a very helpful photo so thanks Graeme.   I imagine the Honeybourne and Revington backlights are pretty similar so I could buy part from each as all Revington would be an expensive route.

I suspect with Safety Devices bar there's a chance of banging your head on the bar.  I'm quite long in the spine so the (MX5) seat are low and fully pushed back and my head is pretty close to the roofline. 

Paul

5 hours ago, PaulAnderson said:

That's an ideal solution and a very helpful photo so thanks Graeme.   I imagine the Honeybourne and Revington backlights are pretty similar so I could buy part from each as all Revington would be an expensive route.

I suspect with Safety Devices bar there's a chance of banging your head on the bar.  I'm quite long in the spine so the (MX5) seat are low and fully pushed back and my head is pretty close to the roofline. 

Paul

The Revington backlight frame is different internally to the Honeybourne one to allow the rollbar to fit right up tight underneath it so you cant mix and match the two Im afraid.

Stuart.

Edited by stuart
11 hours ago, graeme said:

This is the only one I have at the moment. If you need more detail let me know and I can take more pics.

Graeme

Slide scan_004-1024.jpg

Graeme does this roll bar restrict the seat travel or do the seats slide inside of the main hoop leg .

On 11/16/2019 at 8:20 AM, Graham said:

Graeme does this roll bar restrict the seat travel or do the seats slide inside of the main hoop leg .

Graham,

I have Mazda Miata(MX5) seats and full travel is available, they also recline without touching the roll bar leg.

Cheers

Graeme

4 hours ago, graeme said:

Graham,

I have Mazda Miata(MX5) seats and full travel is available, they also recline without touching the roll bar leg.

Cheers

Graeme

Graeme is this a Revington roll bar ? 

• 3 months later...

After having looked at the Revington web site and contacting them for clarification of part numbers, I believe that the parts required for their solution would be:

1 x RTR7122-3BRK Backlight Frame and ROB
1 x RTR7172F    Fit up kit with flexiglass window

Very nice looking safety solution, but needs a bit of thought to commit Such a lot of money to buy plus painting costs.  If I went that route and I do like the idea for safety reasons, then I'd probably have to sell my original backlight and hard top to pay for it, though the hard tops not been on the car in years.

Graeme, do you happen to know if the Revington backlight fitted well first time or did it need fettling ?

Paul

Edited by PaulAnderson
  • 2 months later...

Anyone got the Revington backlight ( for the roll over bar) and could advise on the ease of fitting and general quality.  

Also, does the Surrey fit in the same manner onto the backlight, i.e. with the two bolts up through the backlight  into the frame on the rear of the Surrey?.  If so, is the fibreglass backlight strengthened to take it?

Paul

On 11/12/2019 at 5:37 PM, Bleednipple said:

In case any help, I have a Safety Devices bar under my Honeybourne backlight. The bar isn't by any means a snug fit, actually several inches between top of bar and Surrey frame, but is the type with no diagonal or harness bar so retains pretty much all of the space on the rear seat/shelf.

Sorry the car is elsewhere right now but this pic shows it more or less.

Nigel

image.thumb.png.36176eac4c91c80793b6b263d696803b.png

Nigel, I like those seats. Which car are they from?

Thanks 

Jason

Hi Jason, they are Moss Classic seats. They were put in by the previous owner but I love them. Although not 'bucket' type they are very supportive. We just did 7,000 km on them endurance rallying and found them extremely comfortable.

https://www.moss-europe.co.uk/classic-seat-assemblies-tr4-6.html

Nigel

10 hours ago, Jase said:

They are very nice, on my list :) 

Save your money and fit MX5 seats with the separate head rests

Stuart.

I know this thread is titled for the Honeybourne backlight but in addition to my current questions above regarding the Revington type, here’s another couple.  If the Revington backlight is thinner or maybe lacks the strengthening in order to fit their roll over bar inside (as per Graeme’s pictured above) then how secure will the rear of the Surrey top be when fixed into a thinner material.  And,  how is there space for the thumb turn bolts if the roll over bar is occupying that space?  The experience of a user / customer would be appreciated.

Paul

1 hour ago, PaulAnderson said:

I know this thread is titled for the Honeybourne backlight but in addition to my current questions above regarding the Revington type, here’s another couple.  If the Revington backlight is thinner or maybe lacks the strengthening in order to fit their roll over bar inside (as per Graeme’s pictured above) then how secure will the rear of the Surrey top be when fixed into a thinner material.  And,  how is there space for the thumb turn bolts if the roll over bar is occupying that space?  The experience of a user / customer would be appreciated.

Paul

If you go with the Revington backlight with the roll bar then you need longer bolts as there is holes through the bar. If your not using the bar then a Standard Honeybourne would be the way to go and that affixes as normal.

Stuart.