TR7 electrical problem.

Hi, I am new to TR's having aquired a 1981 TR7 , 2 litre DHC. All was going well, some minor items were renewed such as gas struts for the boot lid, and new boot trim, until yesterday when I tried to start my my pride and joy only to find that there was absolutely no power to the ignition. I seems as though there is no battery present; no dashboard lights, nothing. I have checked the battery an all seems well, plenty of power there. Can anyone assist? I am thinking that a fuse has blown and am currently in the process of checking.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

I can't remember the TR7 wiring but i don't think there is a main fuse. I think the power actually goes to the starter solenoid and then the wires come from there to the ignition etc.

So take a look at the solenoid connections. The solenoid doesn't need to work (it does to start the vehicle) its just where the wires come together. So if there is no connection at the solenoid nothing will work.

Many thanks to all who gave such good advice and responses. I actually completed all of the checks suggested to no avail. Finally decided to check the battery condition and, to my surprise, Found that the battery was completely dead, apparent cell failure. A new battery has solved the problem, Cyclops is now purring!  Many thanks again.