chassis holes

Can someone tell what these holes in the chassis are for? They look like they have reinforcements inside them.

I can't upload the picture even though it's only 2.9mb.

The holes are toward the front end, they would in line with the radiator and are in a slightly off square rectangle shape.

Edited by jfg
unable to load picture

2.9mb is still huge. If you don’t have suitable software to reduce the size you can email the photo to yourself and when prompted choose a low resolution. You can then save the received photo and post it to the forum. 

4 minutes ago, Topoff said:

Hi the picture is not obvious but could they be threaded, to take the 4 bolts that hold the radiator support bar?

i think these are more heavy duty than needed for a rad bar, i think the support bar bolts on underneath the chassis legs

There are all sorts of holes under the front end of the TR7/8 bodyshell - the TR8 radiator bolts up differently to the TR7, other than that some are likely to be for drainage or used for transport during the factor manufacturing processes.

Hope this helps.

Ian