Fitted emerald Ecu pressure regulator , crank sensor, air and coolant temp sensor ,coil pack, Lambo sensor used original thottle bodies with butterflies removed and single thottle body on end of air manifold problem l am having is at about 1500 revs it’s like l have kangaroo petrol anyone had this problem or anyone know how to fix it

Rob

Hi Rob

Is this a new install or one that's been running ok and developed a fault?

Not familiar with the emerald but dose it allow you to see live data on you lap top as this will help track down faults?

First I'd suggest revisiting all the wiring as its generally poor noisy signal voltage to the ecu or bad earth .Hope your not using cheap connectors and have used a good crimping tool  Next I'd check for vacuum leaks using a can of easy start.

You don't say if you have a TPS sensor on the inlet as the carbon tracks can stick/wear leading to a loss of signal also they can bind if not exactly aligned even from new.

Keep us posted. There are a few people on hear who use the Emerald so hopefully they can help more.

Andy 

11 hours ago, rob7 said:

it’s like l have kangaroo petrol

You need to be a little bit more specific. What does this mean? Do you have a log? Fuel pressure, MAP, PW? 

I have a Ecumaster. But the approach to a problem is similar. But this is also the advice I give to anyone converting to EFI: „do you have anyone in your area with a similar system installed to talk to?“

Jochem

Have you blocked off the air bleed?

Have you an idle speed controller and is it configured?

Have you had it mapped ? - If new  installation could just be the mapping for fuel or ignition.

Speak to Emerald - they are always helpful.

Jerry

Hi it is a new install l have a TPS on the single thottle body it’s been to emerald twice it seems ok if l just rev it but it seems to be when it’s under load l have connected the hose from the servo to where the air bleed was not sure about the idle speed controller will have to look into that

Rob

You say it has been to emerald twice. That sounds like it has been set up by them, and has subsequently developed a fault.

If it has been fully mapped by them I would suspect an ignition fault if it is ok at light throttle but the missfire occurs under load.

Could be dodgy coil pack or simply a spark plug problem.

Neil

I have the full emeralds kit but single throttle body in the air plenium 52mm butterfly.

Slight jerkiness but you soon know how to drive around this.

Had a misfire and it was the coil pack x2 over ten years. The ignition leads are very important and you have to have the right ones. Dave or Karl (Emerald) will advise.

Emeralds can diagnose over the phone /internet plugged into your lap top and connected to the ECU. Bloody magic but do this for only for their customers.

Regards HarryTR5 Nutter

Without a log it is difficult to judge from the distance.

You will need a wideband oxygen measurement to see what is wrong.

If engine idles perfect I would try 1500rpm when car standing still

and watch afr.

Beginning with a fuel table that needs a tweak it can be accel fuel unwanted clogging in

and VR sensor sending wrong data.

Also some problem with ignition should be checked if this is also done by ECU.

Pop in an old distributor and set it to be sure that this is not causing the problem.

Best is to establish a logging possibility. I am sure the ECU can do so.