That price is for 1 off kit (you would need 2).  The bulbs I can highly recommend, the lamps - I don't know, but This company usually sells good stuff.

There are some Valeos here - but expensive:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-Cibie-7-HEADLAMPS-60-55w-Main-Dip-RHD-for-Austin-Maxi-1977-81-as-082441/332999303044?hash=item4d884e1f84:g:7m0AAOSwyhBcZov8

Bob.

I think it may be worth double-checking on the phone - I also interpreted the Classic Car LED offer as being for a pair, the price drop-down lists a single as an option.

if it is for a pair it is an attractive offer (about the same as that offered by the MGOC)

...... Andy 

Hi,  I have the Classic Car LEDs fitted to both my TRs, albeit fitted into the H4 headlamps already on the cars, and I can recommend them. Need to make sure you set the beams correctly though. Demon Tweeks have Cibie/Valeo headlamps for sale at £72.82 for a single one if you need them.

Dave

14 hours ago, Lebro said:

That price is for 1 off kit (you would need 2).  The bulbs I can highly recommend, the lamps - I don't know, but This company usually sells good stuff.

There are some Valeos here - but expensive:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-Cibie-7-HEADLAMPS-60-55w-Main-Dip-RHD-for-Austin-Maxi-1977-81-as-082441/332999303044?hash=item4d884e1f84:g:7m0AAOSwyhBcZov8

Bob.

£95.83 is for a two lamp kit. I spoke to them yesterday to discuss this and another matter and they were most helpful. Sadly the prices are ex vat

Andy

I can confirm that the price was for a pair! I've placed my order and will report my progress although it is fair to say that I don't have a great deal to compare with as my Wipac Quadoptics are pretty useless.

I have also ordered a pair of led stop/tail lights for increased safety.

On the 'classic car leds' facebook page there is an old discount code which still works, giving a 5% discount. This code is UKA5YYP48SBD and is applied when you are completing an on-line order. Good to know.

Andy

Arrived today. Less than 20 hours. They look the part. How they perform remains to be seen. Won't be working outside today, the weather is foul here in Cumbria. We had some snow earlier on!

Andy

318135776_m4a3VpEBTLqJLVoX0IbgA_thumb_afd7.thumb.jpg.0beecf021ddc365e8fd18d9222b74812.jpgzTU5345VRqW6xDDf80a0RQ_thumb_afd5.thumb.jpg.1909624ebb6a607f43b84381edc60850.jpg

If you think these are expensive... my daily driver is a 2015 Focus. Going out today a message popped up on the dashboard saying there was a headlamp malfunction. Popped into the local dealership who said that when changing from dip to main beam there's a flap that should operate, and it's stuck. Cure is a complete new HID headlamp assembly, at £868! Even the garage staff were amazed.

Off to try to find a local autoelectrician tomorrow in the hope of finding a more acceptable price.

Pete

15 hours ago, iain said:

How much?

That is ridiculous.

The very reason a front end smash of a 5 year old modern with HID headlamps probably makes it a write off.

Peter W

4 hours ago, BlueTR3A-5EKT said:

The very reason a front end smash of a 5 year old modern with HID headlamps probably makes it a write off.

Peter W

I wonder how much it would cost to replace both headlamps with modern LED ones?

Pete

6 hours ago, Ocheye said:

Haven't had a chance to set them up properly but so far I'm well pleased with the classic car led replacements.

Good job!

..... Andy