Hi all

Im trying to source some cibie headlights.  Looking at past threads 082441 seems to be the right part number but it seems they are no longer available.  Ive ordered a couple of times only to find the order cancelled because they cant get hold of them.  Ive got them on my TR4 and looking for some for my GT6.  Any help appreciated.

regards

Bob

Hi Roger

Yes but way too expensive!! Generally they used to be £50 each or less if on offer from Europarts.  Ordered twice off ebay only for sale to be cancelled due to unavailabilty.  That may happen here or perhaps these guys realise they are the only supplier with any stock!

Bob

I think i bought mine from classicalfa website, was the cheapest at the time, few years ago

steve

LED headlamps Now Sold  
Thanks to all who contacted me

Peter W

I have a pair of LED head lamp assemblies for sale if interested - 

I bought them fitted them and decided they just looked odd on a TR3.  The light output is stunning, very wide on dip, intense on main. no sharp cut-offs like moderns though.  I had to readjust the alignment for them after removing the old sealed beam units.  They do not have 'e' marks and are for negative earth only  -  There is a TR6 around with a pair fitted +  Land Rover Defenders, Jeeps, Catering 7s. 1500 Spitfires etc.

I'll accept the price of a pair of LED H4 headlamp bulbs for them (£75.00)     plus postage.  They are as new & still in their original boxes.

This is what they look like & are vertical dip - sold as USA spec Jeep. 

NB - The ones in the link are LHD (RH Dip)

https://www.jgs4x4.co.uk/land-rover-defender-led-headlamps-headlight-upgrade-lhd-trucklite-phaser-7/

Cheers

Peter W

w11v4fnwcqa__22669.1473103365.jpg

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT
added vertical dip. SOLD

Hello Bob 

I think these are what you are looking for 

About £68 with 15% discount (just wait for a 20% or better

https://www.carparts4less.co.uk/p/aftermarket-headlamp-471930021

Roger

This link to an earlier thread is still relevant

The link in the first post still works and at the moment the discount code PAYDAY50 brings the price down to £46.89, but expires tonight. They have regular sale codes so no doubt another will be along in a day or two

Hi Malcolm

I cant get that link to work - just goes to Whoops we cant find that page and searching using tr7 details says no products available.  I'll try with a pc tomorrow rather than an ipad.  Thanks for the offer Peter but like you I think I prefer something more old fashioned in terms of looks!

Thanks for all your help.

Bob

Hi Bob,

How odd, I can't get the link to work this morning.

I'm not sure whether the unit is the same but searching Land Rover Defender will bring up a 7" valeo. The PAYDAY discount code has gone now but I expect there will be a WEEKEND one on Friday!

Just to follow up, I've sourced one in stock at a motor factors.  However, it seems this lens has been discontinued so anyone who advertises stock online  on the basis that they can source from the manufacturer/ distributor will not be able to source it unless they physically hold one themselves.  It seems the side lighted version is still available (Demon Tweeks stock them).  I would be interested if anyone has any other lens they can recommend - valeo/cibie or otherwise?

Regards

Bob

• 2 months later...

I have a set of these that came with the car when I bought it. Note the inner steel shroud that is fitted originally is not shown/supplied, apparently it can do without in this design. The bowls are plastic.

Most important is you cannot fit old and new parts together. My old head lamp rims  do not fit. 

I’m not saying it is a bad product, but make sure your rings will fit (or order suitable new ones).

Waldi

Ok so after extensive searching I've reached the same conclusion, the UK version of the 7" Valeos are out of stock (other than a couple of silly prices), so any recommendation for the next best alternative?

Rgds

David

Edited by qkingston
corrected

Has anyone got these and how do they perform? They're very reasonably priced. I've been advised to go for Cibie/Valeo or Hella and the former are very hard to find

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Enfield-County-Sealed-Headlight-Seepage/dp/B01308DFNW.

Andy

Edited by Ocheye
On 12/17/2019 at 8:28 AM, Lebro said:

Can't vouch for how good Wipac lamps are, but they should fit OK. Note they have sidelights built into the reflectors, which may not be what you want.

Bob.

I have Wipac Quadoptics on mine and they've gone misty/milky inside the glass. According to the previous owner they are not very old

33 minutes ago, Ocheye said:

Has anyone got these and how do they perform? They're very reasonably priced. I've been advised to go for Cibie/Valeo or Hella and the former are very hard to find

Andy

On checking, I wonder if these are Indian copies

3 hours ago, Ocheye said:

Andy

Those are sealed beam, not H4 like the Valeo 82441. They're also LHD, so not for the UK, and branded "Enfield County", which is not a brand I've heard of and certainly not a UK brand. They are clearly not Hella, although they do mention "hella" in the description. Seems like a case of "passing off" to me.

Pete

6 minutes ago, stillp said:

Those are sealed beam, not H4 like the Valeo 82441. They're also LHD, so not for the UK, and branded "Enfield County", which is not a brand I've heard of and certainly not a UK brand. They are clearly not Hella, although they do mention "hella" in the description. Seems like a case of "passing off" to me.

Pete

I think you are probably right. I thought they also did rhd but can't see that reference now. The lenses say Hella but There are a lot of fakes about. It is a minefield. I'll give them a miss.

1 hour ago, Ocheye said:

I think you are probably right. I thought they also did rhd but can't see that reference now. The lenses say Hella but There are a lot of fakes about. It is a minefield. I'll give them a miss.

I notice there's one review that says they do have separate bulbs, and that they are actually for RHD! Doesn't fill me with confidence.

I bought a pair of ebay item 333348066553, made by Tudor, but haven't fitted them yet. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/7-H4-Halogen-Headlight-Headlamp-Single-Unit-Free-H4-55W-Bulb-RH-Drive-Only/333348066553?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Pete

• 3 weeks later...

I've just about given up my search for cibie/valeo or hella lamps and am now considering biting the bullet and going for these (see below). I want to retain my dynamo and leds would be a good option otherwise I need good quality H4 sealed beam replacements, osram nightbreakers and relays and cable which would be not far off this price unless I go for cheapos.

Thoughts anyone?

https://www.classiccarleds.co.uk/products/sb7014-sealed-beam-to-h4-led-upgrade-kit-p43t-472-llb472-glb472-bulb-globe?_pos=25&_sid=4c4a87a81&_ss=r&variant=29530489159789