Spring Door handles - correct assembling

Hi there,

I am wondering how to assemble the springs for the door handles (and for the window winder too). I have not miss them for 15 years but now I want to have it "original". First the spring than the door panel oder vice versa? 

The big coil towards outside or inside?

And the escutcheon open side to the panel and the smooth side towards the handles?

cheers

Carsten 

AFIK:

Spring goes inside the door card.

Larger diameter outwards so it doesn't bore into the door card.

Can be a pig to fit the pins. Personally I don't use the proper pins  - I use a length of welding rod of similar diameter. Cut it 3/4 of the way through to the same length as the proper pins. Push this into place and bend the rod to snap off. Far easier than trying to fiddle a short pin in using long nose pliers or forceps.

Well, than I did right, but it won't work proper. It seems to me that the spring gives to much pressure to the mechanic, the doorhandles is not easy to move. Maybe I did something wrong.

A photo could help?!

for the pins I use a hemostat. With that thing fitting the pins is quite easy.

image.png.6eb8e7481448e11b2fa0c945b894d43d.png

Carsten ,

The mechanism of the door handles on aTR6 seems to tight fit , when you talk to owners. I found it a pain replacing a door handle on a mate's TR6. Definitely  a case of brute force to get it push back against the spring pressure.

Did you grease all the moving parts when you had access. I always grease the back of the Remote Control metal lever where it rubs against the anti rattle pad stuck to the door.It makes for an easier operation.

Bob