Rectangular wiper switch washer operation

Hi Guys

I've a 1972 CC converted to RHD. I'm making a new wooden dash out of burr oak on a ply backer at the moment. The car has a rectangular wiper switch with 4 connectors, it also has a separate round push button switch to the right of the wiper switch that is used to operate the washers. The push button for the washers doesn't look original to me but I could well be wrong.

I'm reluctant to cut a hole for this washer switch in my new dash if originally it wasn't meant to be there. I've seen the round wiper switch does also operate the washers. How do washers work on a car with a rectangular wiper switch.

Many thanks

Stephen 

Edited by Stephen H

The wiper control on my car. 74 RHD  is the square one which you turn clockwise for the wipers, then push the same square control for the washers which are electric

4 hours ago, rcreweread said:

Stephen - have a look at Classical Dashes website whee you can see examples of both a CP and CR dash  -- 

http://classical-dash.co.uk/product-detail/triumph-tr6/

It may help

Cheers

Rich

Hi Rich

I appear to have a CP dash and CP instruments (Black bezels and needles that point down). This is the old setup I've removed with the round silver button operating the washers. The wiper button is the only thing on the dash with a silver bezel and all 4 terminals are occupied. I'm trying to work out if the separate washer button is stock,  I thought by the look of it not but could well be wrong. I'd like to make my new dash stock if possible so am planning on leaving out the round washer button and perhaps relocating it until I work out what should be operating the washers.

So am interested on what operates the washer on a true UK CP car any help or pointers to much appreciates

Cheers Stephen 

Photo 05-10-2019, 16 52 40.jpg

Stephen - looking at the version of a CP dash on Classical Dashes website, there is no hole where your silver button isso I think you have to assume that is a non standard modification -- see the link to a CP dash  :   http://classical-dash.co.uk/product-detail/triumph-tr5-6/

Copy image for info of a CP dash

image.thumb.png.1fdc2f3825f4fbfe2c9009b6d449cd0a.png

I'm afraid I'm a 4 pot TR man so don't have any knowledge of the detail workings of a dash in a TR6 but I'm sure someone else will be along in a minute to set you straight  - in the meantime I have also sent you a PM ( personal message - see the envelope icon in the top RH side of a forum page and just click on it)

Cheers   Rich

1 hour ago, Mark69 said:

This is what you should look like. 

Washer swith on the bottom, wiper switch above and the light switch / stalk left hand side of your steering column. 

Mark. 

Thanks guys it's all making much more sense now. I'll omit the non standard washer switch from my new dash and look to put it back to how it should be.

Many thanks for all the comments.

Stephen