Neg camber and Anti Roll Bar

From WM 4A camber should be 0degs +/- 0.5 degs at front and 1 deg -ve +/- 0.5 degs at rear  for IRS cars. These measurements static laden, i.e. "68kg on each front seat". ARB was not fitted to the 4A, only became standard on TR6.

Tim

8 minutes ago, tim hunt said:

From WM 4A camber should be 0degs +/- 0.5 degs at front and 1 deg -ve +/- 0.5 degs at rear  for IRS cars. These measurements static laden, i.e. "68kg on each front seat". ARB was not fitted to the 4A, only became standard on TR6.

Tim

Thanks Tim, I begin to wonder if the Negative camber I have is due to worn bushes.

I have 1 deg negative on the rears & 2 deg negative on fronts with an anti- roll bar fitted. Car seems to run ok!

10 hours ago, monty said:

I have 1 deg negative on the rears & 2 deg negative on fronts with an anti- roll bar fitted. Car seems to run ok!

I'm solid rear axle - so 0 on rear, but front appears to have some negative camber - looks like more on N/S than O/S.

5 minutes ago, rogerowen said:

I'm solid rear axle - so 0 on rear, but front appears to have some negative camber - looks like more on N/S than O/S.

Have a look to see which way round the top inner wishbone mounting is fitted.

Stuart

11 hours ago, monty said:

Hi Monty, some years ago I tried 1.7 deg on front of my 4A but reduced it down to 0.5 deg after 2 years, 7500 miles as tyres had excessive wear on inside edges. It drove fine with both settings.  Have yours done many miles?

Chris

Chris, I have had negative on the fronts (between 1 & 2 deg) since having the car & driven around 20k miles with no real uneven wear on the front tyres. Have just replaced with a new set so will see how these wear. Not really a problem as due to mileage covered my tyres tend to get 'old' before worn out! A little stuck with the camber as on a recent full alignment check we found no shims present on one front so could not therefore reduce shims (& camber), so just made sure both sides matched.

9 hours ago, rogerowen said:

Aha, that might be my problem - missing shims?

You should be able to quickly see Roger by looking down into the engine compartment.