Exhaust / Inlet Manifold Gasket

Hi,

I having my inlet manifolds reconditioned by Malcolm at Prestige and need a new inlet/exhaust gasket, having read a number of threads I decided a  Payen  was the best to go for.  I have tried the links on this site to Ebay and another supplier but they are all out of stock, and trawling the internet has drawn a blank. Does any one know a  supplier that may have  one in stock

Many Thanks Phil

Hi Jochem,

on the inlet the need for these rings is not too critical, on the exhaust they protect the gasket from oxidizing (burning).  The is always some excess oxigen in the exhaust gas. Additionally, they basically provide a 2nd seal, as a a soft metal gasket, besides the sheet gasket.

I worked for a gasket manufacturer some 35 years ago during my study, and some guys were still making head gaskets by hand with these rings, so with some practice I think one can make and fit them  at home if you want to modify the port area.

Regards,

Waldi