Stromberg Diaphragms - How long should they last

Hi all, I fitted two new Diaphragms to my CD 175s in 2015 . The carbs are in good condition as were bought as NOS in 2004. Since 2015 they have done nearly 15000 miles and following a spate of erratic tic over investigation found the rear diaphragm had a small 8mm vertical split. The front one was the same but while removing the front one it virtually fell apart.   So the question is how long should they last, how long did yours last.

Thanks, Chris

Edited by ChrisR-4A
Added info

The ones in my car are something over 25 years old, and have been removed when I bought replacements, only to find that the replacements didn't fit, so the old ones were retrieved from the bin and refitted. Can't remember where they came from.

Pete

Hi Guys,  I just fitted two new ones which are a perfect fit, came next day  first class post from Moss and were only slightly more expensive than the ones I bought 5 years ago from a smaller London shop.

What surprised me was how well the car was running with the damaged ones fitted, it still accelerated well up to 3ooo-4ooo rpm, I don't use much more very often and cruised at 65-70. Only the uneven tickover made me think something was wrong. I hope the new ones last longer than 5 years but if they do last 15-20 years that will be for someone else to discover. !!