Boot and Spare wheel seals

Stuart have you ever tried this seal section on sidescreen cars for boot lid and spare wheel hole? 

The new replacement rubber seals I have are just horrid as they are too big and too hard.

Peter W

3 hours ago, BlueTR3A-5EKT said:

Stuart have you ever tried this seal section on sidescreen cars for boot lid and spare wheel hole? 

The new replacement rubber seals I have are just horrid as they are too big and too hard.

Peter W

No, for pre 60K cars I use the ordinary off the roll seal and cut it into 4 sections and mitre the corners together with super glue, that means the boot lid will sit down properly, For the spare wheel well I use a sticky backed 3M closed cell foam strip that comes on a roll you do need to tension it as you fit it so it sits down in the channel but you can then get the door to fit in nice and snug.

Stuart.

1 hour ago, stuart said:

No, for pre 60K cars I use the ordinary off the roll seal and cut it into 4 sections and mitre the corners together with super glue, that means the boot lid will sit down properly, For the spare wheel well I use a sticky backed 3M closed cell foam strip that comes on a roll you do need to tension it as you fit it so it sits down in the channel but you can then get the door to fit in nice and snug.

Stuart.

Thank you Stuart

what sort of thickness closed cell foam do you find works best?

Peter W

15 hours ago, BlueTR3A-5EKT said:

Thank you Stuart

what sort of thickness closed cell foam do you find works best?

Peter W

5mm is fine, that way the door sits right in tight.

Stuart.

16 hours ago, Ian Vincent said:

Why was a post about sidescreen boot seals deemed to be in the wrong place when it was posted in the Sidescreen forum section?

Rgds Ian

Ian,

presumably posted here in error by Neil, as it appear sin TR5 section.

John.