Video Dijon 2019

Finished to prepare the cars for the next weekend.

71289251_2482834255085067_28425904108391

The car needed a new fuel cell. ATL seems to make fun of their customers to move around the certification stickers.

71137862_2481013151933844_30296175319973

On the previous tank, the sticker was on the top right, now it is on the bottom middle. That would need to cut another hole in the container top.

To handle this, I located the tank with these two bars and hope, this is okay for racing.

The car has now refreshed front discs and new front dampers. The old dampers were more like decoration than damping....making the car jumping....very bad at Brands Hatch bumpy back part of the track. I hope the new dampers make the car faster.

But engine is doing good:

TR4 is also ready to go:

70975109_2482886105079882_41070408129849

I needed to replace the whole fuel rubber hoses as they became hard as a rock and spilled fuel like a shower from this to the next moment. Dangerous!

I think many CSCC will be there too. Will be a nice race weekend.

Edited by MadMarx

Wow !... and Wow again.

Congratulations Chris you must be very very happy now with the TR, major steps this season even since I saw you and we talked at Brands Hatch. The TR looks very happy on that track and with no obvious vices I could pick up showing the work and your changes to it are paying off. Your driving of it is of the very highest order and from about 8th ? on the grid, if you can qualify at nearer to pole position...*you're in the groove Jackson !

Mick Richards

* Road to Rio 1947. Bing Crosby, and Bob Hope.    

Edited by Motorsport Mickey

Hi Mick,

I think The Taming of the Shrew is done.

Replacing the broken front dampers and rising the spring rate to 900 lbs helped a lot to calm the ride and getting writ of the pointy behavior.

The car is easy to handle and even if she's throw out the back end, easy to catch back.

255 kph on the front straight.

Now the only thing missing....proper rain tires.

That was the reason I was behind. The Avon ZZS is not soft enough for rain. It does well on a damp, more dry than wet track....which resulted in a P4 grid position, but in the rain I ended up 11th. All the rain tire cars in front of me.

Edited by MadMarx