TR3A hydraulic brake switch

Hi Folks,

Poor old TuRK hasn't been used much since my cousin took it to CLM last year and again a few weekends ago and the brake lights stopped working. I've checked the hydraulic switch and no power was coming out so cleaned the terminals without joy. I last replaced this switch with an original (screw terminals) in 2006 at CLM.

I seem to recall the thread for the switch is tapered, am I right?

Thanks, Andrew 

Andrew, I gave up on the hydraulic switch it’s easy and cheaper to put a switch on the pedal bracket near the master cylinder like a TR4. The switches are cheap on eBay and much more reliable 

cheers

Alan

1 hour ago, Kiwifrog said:

Andrew, I gave up on the hydraulic switch it’s easy and cheaper to put a switch on the pedal bracket near the master cylinder like a TR4. The switches are cheap on eBay and much more reliable 

cheers

Alan

Thanks Alan,

I keep a spare BMW one for the TR6, I'll look into it.

Cheers, Andrew

41 minutes ago, Lebro said:

post-12009-0-75273700-1514046453_thumb.jpg  I had the same problem. I left the old switch in place & fitted one of these. The existing wires reach with no problem.

Bob.

Just like mine I more than likely got the Idea from you Bob , you have to lengthen the wires on a LHD

cheers

Alan

Edited by Kiwifrog
2 hours ago, Andrew Smith said:

Thanks Bob,

I see you've got an adjustable MC rod, as TuRK has.

Cheers, Andrew

They all are.

Stuart.

Just now, Andrew Smith said:

That's interesting, the MOSS catalogue shows a fix rod.

Cheers, Andrew

Take it up with Jeff,:lol: all the original rods were adjustable which is why you should always use the original rod with a new cylinder as very often the new ones are the wrong length.

Stuart.

15 minutes ago, stuart said:

Take it up with Jeff,:lol: all the original rods were adjustable which is why you should always use the original rod with a new cylinder as very often the new ones are the wrong length.

Stuart.

Blimey, I must be getting old - I was looking at the 4A MC pushrod! :rolleyes:

Cheers, Andrew

6 hours ago, Andrew Smith said:

Blimey, I must be getting old - I was looking at the 4A MC pushrod! :rolleyes:

Cheers, Andrew

That saved me telling you I did that page of the Moss catalogue and am sure I put in all 3 types of push rod......
Cheers 

Peter W