door alignment

Finally the tr7 is in my garage and work can begin again.

I need to know about door gaps and alignment so that i can get it right and continue refabricating the wing.

The door appears to have 2 shims behind the bottom bracket and none up top.

However the door is flush on the top against the a pillar and about 20mm down on the b pillar side.

It's an fhc model.

Any ideas before i get the fbh out?

Tonight i delved into the door some more. It seems the lower half of the door is too far to the reat of the car (b pillar) as there is virtually no gap. I have the wing off for refab so can't measure that area.

The problem is that on the top half (the window frame) it touches on the bend where the a pillar meets the roof line.

I am beginning to wonder if someone in the past has replaced the door with a dhc door and done a bad job of welding the glass frame onto it.  The query here would be if the cabrio door shell is longer than the tin top door shell?

I have taken two length measurements, one at 4" and one at 8".

The length at 4" is 41 7/16"

The length at 8" is 40 10/16"

Can anyone cross reference these to an fhc and a dhc door?

Thanks

IMG_20191001_204359.jpg

IMG_20191001_204258.jpg

The rear corner. The car is up against the wall on the other side so i can't reference that side. However that door aligns properly.

If it's not what i mentioned above what could cause this particular alignment issue?

IMG_20191001_210159.jpg