Help - Cosmic alloys?

• JTY changed the title to Help - Cosmic alloys?
12 hours ago, JTY said:

Dear all

Does anyone have an idea where I could source a set of 15 x 6 Cosmic alloys for my TR6 (see attached pic)? Haven't seen one for sale for a while now...

Many thanks

Jeroen

wheels wanted.jpeg

Hi, are these any good https://www.randr-alloys.co.uk/classic-alloys/cosmic/cosmic-5.5x15.html

edit, maybe no good as the look like 5 stud but maybe worth a phone call.

Edited by Kevo_6

Shame they don't do the 4 stud. I had the 6" Cosmics on my 6 for many years and regret getting rid of them now. They were virtually impossible to balance mind you and I needed to run them with 1/4" spacers on the front. I looked forever to get the 5.5" version which worked without spacers but failed so guess they must have been very rare.

cheers

Derek

Hi Jeroen, They are very smart wheels... I had a set on an Austin A35,  & they transformed the look of the car. I can only suggest keeping an eye on ebay, & maybe a 'wanted' ad in TRaction  magazine, & the classified section of this forum.

Good Luck with your search,

Best wishes,

Paul.

I've been looking for some years. The last set I saw went on eBay about two years ago for around £650 if I remember rightly:o. I know of a set in storage but again the owner doesn't want to sell them.

I've wondered about re-drilling the hubs to take five studs.......i'm surprised that someone doesn't offer hubs either un-drilled or in different stud configurations.

Best of luck in your search.

Jeroen,

The backspace on the 6" Cosmics is 4". you might get away with not using spacers, I didn't and it was usually when reversing and turning that they caught on the upper wishbone hence my use of a spacer on the front. Best of luck in your search.

Derek 

Hi Jeroen, I've just spotted your 'wanted' ad on the forum classified section; it might help you to know that this style of wheel is the 'Cosmic Mk2' (they were made from the late '60s 'til the early '80s).

Good luck finding the wheels of your dreams!

Cheers,

Paul.

Good choice of wheel! I had them on my 5 back in the 70s/80s.

Good luck trying to find them.

All three of the cars in the image, taken at Donnington, are still on the road I belive. Certainly both of the 5s.

Tim

20190918_142628.thumb.jpg.9132485e48fa5145953b91fce275b5c6.jpg

I have a set of 4 Revolution alloys that I have been hording for too long, I may sell.