Seeking Non-TR Enlightenment

I am looking for a bright, compact non-industrial light that I can use on a desk or dining table to help with those little fiddly jobs that come along from time to time.  Not too fussed about lamp style (eg LED, fluorescent, etc).  I don't want it to be obviously industrial as it will be used in the house and not the garage.

I am sure I'm not alone in such a need so would be grateful for any advice or suggestions as to what has worked for others.

Thanks in anticipation.

Probably too 'industrial' but one of my daughters who makes jewellery and I share one of these for small jobs: https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/clarke-sam170-desk-mounted-magnifying-led-lamp/

Just clamps to whichever desk / table is in use by each of us. They also see a slightly less expensive / powerful version.

Miles

Yes I have something very similar to that which works well.  Just don't leave it near a sunny window with the lens uncovered or you may 'come home to a real fire ' as the ad used to say. 

Thank you Mike, Stuart.

I've decided to go with the Clarke 170 unit.  I do rather like the Chronos products but by a very small margin went for Clarke, mainly because of the mounting system.  Having said that, I might have to do a bit of fettling to use it on my desk anyway.  Nothing will be lost if that doesn't work out as my son has already laid claim to it if I can't use it!  If this happens, I'll bite the bullet and go Chronos.

Thanks again gents.

Pierre