Triumphtune rocker covers TR4a

So does anyone still make the Triumphtune rocker covers, Moss now seem to be NCA for some time, any other outlets? I had them on previous Triumphs and like the look :)

Rgds

David

• 5 weeks later...

Hi David,

You have a PM.

Mick Richards

Sorry David, mislead you talking with David Ferry about a project.

Mick Richards

Not sure if any of the suppliers do - I think most of us have it done by local engineering companies....

1 hour ago, roy53 said:

Who sells them with the gasket seal cut into them ?   large o ring sort of thing

Roy

Racestorations do, but not cheap  

18 minutes ago, Graham said:

Racestorations do, but not cheap  

I've never seen those two words in a sentence before !

Mick Richards

45 minutes ago, Motorsport Mickey said:

I've never seen those two words in a sentence before !

Mick Richards

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Stuart.

I did say NOT :P

7 hours ago, Chilliman said:

Not sure if any of the suppliers do - I think most of us have it done by local engineering companies....

John,

I got mine from Cambridge Motorsport but not sure if they still do them or even exist now?

Graeme

They're still going strong Graeme, I use them occasionaly but not seen the alloy covers....

I've had one of the Racetorations ones with the O ring seal for over 9 years, it was about £120 back then but I've saved more than half of that never having to buy another cork gasket. The O ring one can be removed and refitted in 5 mins with confidence of no oil leaks. The cap never leaks and the vent pipe is on the rear LH side which is more convenient.

Chris

agreed val eng.JPG

Edited by ChrisR-4A

The problem with that David is the requirment to use sealant - especially the RTV they recommend which is probably responsible for clogging more oilways in our engines than anyone realises - brilliant stuff but has to be used with caution in the right places. 

The beauty of the silicon bead seals that are set into the rocker cover lip as Chris describes is the fact they don't need sealant just an oily finger over them and screw down lightly - never had a leak in 10's of thousands of miles and never replaced it. The rocker cover can be taken on/off & easily with a couple of thumb screws, no tools required.

• 1 month later...

On 10/25/2019 at 10:22 AM, ChrisR-4A said:

I've had one of the Racetorations ones with the O ring seal for over 9 years, it was about £120 back then but I've saved more than half of that never having to buy another cork gasket. The O ring one can be removed and refitted in 5 mins with confidence of no oil leaks. The cap never leaks and the vent pipe is on the rear LH side which is more convenient.

Chris

agreed val eng.JPG

Very nice engine bay Chris.. Thanks  B)

Might I ask, is that a TR5 inner wheel arch ?

Pete.

Yes as far as I know it is, fitted by PO back in about 1979 as only one avail. It's comes in handy as aligns with my new cold air inlet for even distribution of airflow to filters.

Chris

IMG_7955.JPG

Chris - I notice that from your Racetorations rocker cover you have a tube running horizontally and then downwards towards the fuel pump.

Two questions:

1 - does the tube enter a catch tank, or does it vent towards the ground

2 - if to a catch tank, do you collect much oil in the tank.

I ask because it strikes me that a horizontal tube situated near the rear (lower part) of the engine might permit quite a lot of oil to find its way to the outside.

I have a Moss alloy cover, which has the vent tube on the right (carburettors) side, and I run an open-ended tube over the top of the cover and dangle it down the left side of the engine, alongside the crankcase vent tube (mine is a TR4, TR4A doesn't have crankcase vent).

Ian Cornish

Hi Ian, the pipe points vertically downwards and terminates next to a TR4 snorkel breather where the core plug was on the 4A. The end is usually clean, no signs of any significant amount of oil getting out.

Chris