TR2 1955 Pearl White

Hi

Getting to the point of confirming the paint colour for my TR2 restoration.

XPJ 6 is a RHD TR2, build date 2 July 1955, colour as Heritage Certificate is Pearl White

Looking at the Triumph Paint codes Pearl White is code 14, should it be an off white, not bright white?

Are there any other paint codes for this colour?

Phil

It is an off white, quite a nice colour, be careful if you find another code (possibly a BL code) as it wont be the quite the same, it may come up as Spa White with code GL17414

Stuart.

Hello Phil,

when I restored TS27952L I found a lot of "almost white" primer as lowest coat of paint on the Body. Later I found out that the original clour of TS27952 was "Pearl White". Unfortunately Nothing is left as I siwtched to "Winchester blue". But I can assure you, this was an "off White" - resembling primer.

For your TR2 you should look for the older paint codes (see Bill P. and his books) as the old codes may have been changed later.

Bill P. states the following codes for TR2-TR3A(Sept.1958)

Dockers BF 4695, BF5460, BF4881, CGW18 or CHW4
ICI HILUX M-048-2857
Pinchin-Johnson  PJ414HS or PJ414LB
GIP Ltd 5525
Berger (Ault and Wiborg) possibly 17414

I think this list alone you may guess, that there is more than one correct shade. In his book he shows a sample Picture, where "Pearl White" is not far away from "pale yellow"

Regards, Johannes

• 1 month later...

Hi 

In answer to my question regarding TR2 Pearl White here are a couple photos of the painted shell, in Pearl White.

As Stuart pointed out the colour has that beige tint, however under natural daylight is more White - if that makes sense.

The car was purchased as a project from a TR member Les Woodall, Les was unwell at the time and couldn’t see the possibility of completing it.

Regards

Phil

5E155D72-FDB0-4200-9459-A063503CEAD1.jpeg

0D6760AB-FD7E-4A7F-AAB9-016897154797.jpeg

Obviously colour perception looking at it on here depends on your monitor settings but that looks like pearl white to me, very nice colour.

Stuart.

Interior is red as original, the car is pictured in one of Bill Piggots book “Triumph TR”, shown on the Introduction page “XPJ 6”

Our body guru Stuart has pointed out that the inner wing cut outs for the sidelights are missing, this will be corrected, many thanks Stuart, and for the photograph.

Les must have been rebuilding his garage! 

Phil

• 7 months later...

Hello

Moi aussi j'ai un tr2 long door.

couleur origine  pearl white.

je cherche le code origine eg celui du vert pâle. 

j hésite pour la couleur. 

tout est d'origine .

je pense que Stuart ma vendu récemment sa culasse en vente sur le site tr uk.

je suis en France . Lille.

Merci de votre retour sur email presse.

Best regards. 

Thanks. 

Stéphane 

Translation of Stéphane’s post:

“Hello, I also have a longdoor TR2. Original colour Pearl white. I’m looking for the colour code for pale green as I am not sure about the colour.

Everything is original.

I believe that Stuart recently sold me his cylinder head on the UK TR site.

I am in France. Lille”

(james)