Mc reservoir weep

Hi Neil,

thanks for your response about the shims. I still struggle to understand why not-centralizing the caliper to the disc can result in uneven pad wear as experienced by White Wolf.

If someone has a copy of the Girling installation manual (the relevant section) I would be interested in a copy.

Best regards,

Waldi

4 hours ago, Waldi said:

Hi Neil,

thanks for your response about the shims. I still struggle to understand why not-centralizing the caliper to the disc can result in uneven pad wear as experienced by White Wolf.

If someone has a copy of the Girling installation manual (the relevant section) I would be interested in a copy.

Best regards,

Waldi

Because one pad will contact before the other also the closer one may drag and it may give more pedal travel plus worst case scenario could break a disc if they are well out. I have seen the caliper mounting brackets bent as well.

Stuart.

Thanks Stuart and Neil,

I thought that the pistons would move to the disk on the first push on the pedal and then take their final position, one piston being 1 or 2 mm more out than the other, not being an issue. During wear of the pads they will also move further out towards the disk. Apoarently it is more complicated.

I will follow Neil’s and your advise and remove the wheels, check the space on both sides of the disk and shim if required.

Thank you both,

Waldi