Help needed in France

Hi I have the part you are looking for, GUJ116 ? I live in the midi pyrenees but am in the UK at the moment. However a friend has keys to my garage and if he can find the part and send it would you like to try that as a fall back? Cheers Andy

11 hours ago, elclem1 said:

Hi I have the part you are looking for, GUJ116 ? I live in the midi pyrenees but am in the UK at the moment. However a friend has keys to my garage and if he can find the part and send it would you like to try that as a fall back? Cheers Andy

Thanks Andy - all sorted 

Just an Update and thank you for all the posts and advice.

Both sets of UJ’s arrived at 10am next day. Quite an outstanding service from both Moss & Rimmers.

The message we left with the young assistant didn’t get to the mechanic as once he saw 4 UJ’s, he then went and changed all 4 on the axles .... 2 were only 6 months old so a lot of extra pointless work. I had even told him (and written down in French) that they were new ...

Well, all done. He kept the car till late and ripped us off but we got going by 7pm. Our original plan was to do all 12 trips on B-Roads. It as it was late and we had some distance to go so we opted for Toll Roads and arrived in Bagneres du Luchon by midnight, after driving through a massive storm.

The loud clonk and vibrations have gone but I’m still getting the horrible scraping noise when going round a right hand bend. That was the one noise I expected to go by changing the UJ’s. I only heard it twice in 230 miles but I was mainly on Toll Roads so not many tight bends.

Thanks for all advice.

Lessons Learnt:

when changing 2 UJ’s, do all 4 !

when you need parts in France - Call UK 

And ...take a 4 post lift with you .... it would be cheaper to have one of those couriered over and done it myself !