New Radiator too high

Hi All,

I installed a new Aluminium Radiator in my TR 250. When closing the bonnet I realized that cap of the radiator abuts the underside of the bonnet. It looks like the radiator incl. the cap is about 2-3 cm too high. The radiator seems to be the correct one as I also tried it with a second new (steel only) radiator and the issue is exactly the same.

The Aluminum radiator is from Moss England Part No. 308850ALI. 

Does anyone have any idea what the issue could be or does anyone faced the same problem?

It's hard to get the correct dimension of a new radiator to be sure that it will fit before ordering it.

Any help is highly appreciated! Thanks!

Albert

Check the front body mountings for spacers because if they are missing and the body is pretty much mounted straight on the chassis then the rad will foul, There is only minimal clearance to the rad cap anyway with the cross member of the bonnet .The type of rad cap in the pictures wont fit either as it fouls.

Stuart.

007 (3).JPG

008 (3).JPG

Edited by stuart