I have already posted this issue some time ago. To solve the problem back then I installed a new (none was there) antirattle plunger and spring. Sunday during the rally suddenly the enoying rattle started again. The lever also feels "loose" again. With the spring in place there was some resistance when moving the lever left and right. So I guess, I have not checked yet, I lost the spring (again).

Does somebody has an alternative and simple solutionthat lasts to this problem?

Thanks, Rudi

Rudi - I don't know how the spring can fall out. It's around the gearstick. It may not be the original spring that you have (or had). It should be a conical helix spring and maybe it should be inserted the other way.

Don Elliott, Montreal

Don

I think Rudi means the little spring and ball that goes in the bottom of the gearstick lever. Real pain in the a**e to get in. I left mine out and stretched the main spring slightly with a good dollop of grease arround the ball end. Seems to work OK.

Unc :)