Panel/Door Gaps

Hi all

Fair to say this has been a real challenge over the past few weeks to get the passenger side right in the main due to the poor quality of the replacement sills as the recessed sections especially at the rear was no where deep enough. In the end I cut it off and made a new one, not easy as I've no swaging machine. So if your about to replace your sills I'd check the wing bottoms will sit flush and adjust the depth before you fit them I thought I had but obviously not enough attention paid! I also had to cut the rear wing at the bottom which I need to weld up whilst fitted the previous owner had adjusted them with a hammer and filler is this a normal scenario ? Hope the other side is easier.

The gaps themselves happy with at 4.5mm rear and 5mm front without having to weld any extra metal on the edges and the door bottom is flush just need to take some meat off the top rear edge of the door.

Quick tip I found using the louvers out of a scrap wooden blind provided long lengths of 2.5mm which I used to line the bonnet/boot and wings up made life easier.

Andy 

thumbnail_IMG_1190[2].jpg

Gaps 3.JPG

Gaps 2.JPG

TR6s, and Tr5s for that matter, are known for the left hand door having poor gaps. My car is a survivor with no major body work since new. left hand door gap isn''t pretty. Yours will be better than new.