Tr6 brake servo improvement?

Would it be beneficial to fit a non return valve to the TR6 brake servo - I ask as I have seen one fitted to a TR6 for sale and looking at the ebay linked advert below it mentions Pi model cars - what do you guys think? 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F254353398274

Thanks in advance

Michael

Hi Michael,

I thought they were standard fitment? The valve in your link is what I have fitted having given up on the type that screws into the throttle body (Land Rover part I believe), this gave a loud "tapping ticking" noise though the induction tract due to a weak spring.

I have an aftermarket brake servo and couldn't find a non return valve of the correct size to fit directly into the servo body, so the inline version in your link is/was the perfect solution.

Richard.

The TR6 servo has a NRV as standard fitted.  The servo should hold vacuum after the engine is switched off.

Regards,

Waldi

Hi Michael,

adding an additional NRV will reduce the efficiency of the servo, as each NRV restricts the flow and reduces the vacuum since it has a spring load that results in a pressure drop (well, rise in the case of a servo).

Waldi