New blower Bentley anyone?

Found a few original chassis round the back of pym’s Lane I suppose ?!?!

and they want the new owners to use them as intended. 

Yeah rights they’ll be locked away !

didn't jag do this with the d type

2 minutes ago, AlanT said:

Lots of outfits made D-type replicas.  I worked for a bloke who owned Lynx Engineering.  They made pretty good ones.

Agreed

but jag resurrected 25 (?) “original” d types from fire damaged chassis 

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/twenty-five-‘new’-jaguar-d-types-be-built-original-le-mans-specification

New Jaguar D type and XKSS at Jaguar Heritage Trust workshop in Banbury. Visited the workshop this year with a private tour of the workshop and new XKSS production plus Jaguars private Heritage collection. Don’t know how much The new D Types  and XKSS are but restored E Types started at 275k. Fabulous experience talking to mechanics and seeing the cars being assembled. 

1FB27229-7E7F-4AFA-A8FE-973B9F7B075D.jpeg

1002325D-715B-4839-AE13-3D2554DA1245.jpeg

67133B33-95E2-405C-90F1-8CED059AD045.jpeg

Edited by Jonathan Smith

In the early nineties when I was restoring an XK140FHC, we were on holiday en route to Whales and took a small detour and drove past the Jaguar plant on a Saturday morning, no internet then, so we took the gamble. The museum was closed, but the security man at the gate made a phone call and we were allowed to drive in the plant to the building where the museum was. We were then allowed in the museum and admired the XK120 , think it was the famous NUB120, an XKSS, several other cars and there was a cabinet with prizes (large cups), one was from Sir Stirling Moss, including a picture of him holding the cup after the race.

There was no-one else in the museum, no staff,  just us. A very special occasion for me.

I still regret I sold my XK.

Waldi