My 1970 PI appears to me to have a high ride height, especially at the front. As far as I can see, although my experience is overwhelmingly with sidescreen cars not TR6s, the car is largely original except for telescopic rear shocks.

I can't see any issues with the front springs, the aluminium spacer or rubber buffers. All seems normal.

It has 195/15 tyres which I know are smaller than others use but are close to the originals which suits me and the car.

What do others think?

IMG_2108.JPG

Looks like it would be fine loaded

John,

I came across this thread when I renewed my hubs springs etc earlier this year

The correct ride height for the TR6 according to Triumph was 26.75" at the front and 27" at the rear to the underside of the wing at its highest point over the wheels, This of course assumes that you have kept the same rolling radius on your tyres as per the original 165HR x circa 80 aspect tyres. The gaps with original tyres when new would have been 2.25" at the front and 2.5" at the rear assuming 0.9" compression of the tyre. 

-----https://www.tr-register.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/35830-ride-height/-----

Regards Phil

The gaps in the arches look to big for me (but not by much), maybe get some new standard springs, or you can get very slightly lower ones. Also is the camber right at the back, it seems to be leaning out at the top as though it's been on a jack recently? 

Gareth

Edited by Mk2 Chopper
11 minutes ago, Mk2 Chopper said:

The gaps in the arches look to big for me (but not by much), maybe get some new standard springs, or you can get very slightly lower ones. Also is the camber right at the back, it seems to be leaning out at the top as though it's been on a jack recently? 

Gareth

The photo is a few years old. It could well have been on stands before the photo.

The wheel alignment showed it was all correct.

You may well have had the different front springs that required an Ally spacer, they dont appear very often and confusion can arise when replacing the springs for new ones as the shorter ones to go with those spacers are no longer sold I believe, have you tried without the spacers.

Stuart.

Maybe a more recent pic would help, cause it might be fine. Sometimes the lower profile tyres make the gap look a little more because the are a flatter footprint than a classic shaped tyre.

Gareth