Can anyone point me in the direction of where to buy the better, more reliable heater valves that have become a popular replacement upgrade please?

I do have one, but it's the version with hose tails rather than a threaded end for fitting the cyl head adaptor and efforts to source a suitable hose have been fruitless, besides that, it wouldn't be very secure held in place only by two pieces of rubber hose.

Richard.

10 hours ago, Nigel Triumph said:

Thats easily available over here as FX4 taxi heater valve. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/London-Taxi-TXI-TX1-FW-D-Heater-Control-Valve-Metal-High-Quality/142143952947?hash=item2118709833:g:~uEAAOSw8gVX-z1n

The screw in version is the preferred option.

Stuart.

16 hours ago, Richard71 said:

Can anyone point me in the direction of where to buy the better, more reliable heater valves that have become a popular replacement upgrade please?

I do have one, but it's the version with hose tails rather than a threaded end for fitting the cyl head adaptor and efforts to source a suitable hose have been fruitless, besides that, it wouldn't be very secure held in place only by two pieces of rubber hose.

Richard.

What sort of car?

Rgds Ian

Roger’s link takes you to a usa site for the correct valve

they offer shipping to the uk, with vat its about £42

steve

Bought mine through Amazon, but had it shipped to a US collegue who visited me, which saved international shipping, I paid 26 euro.

Waldi

Note that the Four Seasons valve referenced several places above is designed for a hose one size larger than the stock valve.  Not typically a problem, though.  The stock hose can be stretched onto the nipple.  A little lube helps.

Ed

3 minutes ago, ed_h said:

Note that the Four Seasons valve referenced several places above is designed for a hose one size larger than the stock valve.  Not typically a problem, though.  The stock hose can be stretched onto the nipple.  A little lube helps.

Ed

Yep, definitely worth highlighting..... my approach was just to soften that end of the hose in recently-boiled water for a minute before pushing into place.

........ Andy

14 hours ago, Richard71 said:

Ed, Nigel,

That's the valve I already have and not too happy with it being secured only by two pieces of rubber.

Richard.

Better tell Revingtons that as they sell them as a kit.https://www.revingtontr.com/product/rtr1486-2k/name/heater-valve-kit-tr4-6

Stuart.

I fitted one of the Rock Auto valves. Works fine. Aso fitted a silicone hose. That fits if warmed as stated, but the increase in the outside diameter requires larger hose clips

Mike