Front outer wing repair panels

Anyone got any recent experience with sourcing a front LHS outer wing repair panel (lower section - obvs)? I see Moss/Rimmers etc will charge £100 plus for this small piece of metal!! Any other options?

Many thanks

David

Far as I know they are all sourced from the same maker (non UK) so are all offered at about the same pricing from the same suspects, beat your own.

Mick Richards

With the price of a new wing far beyond a possibility for me, and as my welding is such rubbish (Oh, how I have tried!), I decided to have a go at fixing my very peppered front wing  using a technique I had success with repairing a vintage horse box metal mudguard. Grind off as much rust as possible (both sides), then heavily paint on the inside where holes are with a good resin based paint - then roll on successive sheets of fine fiberglass matting, repainting over each sheet until well built up 3 - 5 layers. Fill the other side with ultra fine filler, sand down - finishing with p1000 of finer grade wet and dry. For the paint - POR 15 is great, but pricey, for the TR wing repair I used Upol P-88 that I happened to have lying around.

More difficult than the lower section is the area around the headlight - and there is no repair panel available for this as far as I am aware - hardly surprising - v complicated! On my wing this area was shot to pieces and not enough metal remaining to graft floppy fg tissue to, so I had to revert to zinc mesh to fashion the shape.

No idea how long the repair will last, but the horsebox repair is holding up well after 7 years, and the total cost for the TR wing repair was probably less than a tenner!