Hi guys

I found the below little bolt in the engine bay, sitting near the spin on filter on a flange of the inner wing I think.  

I can't figure out where it's come from, but it is quite distinctive... small,. with an Allen head in one end of the bolt and a dimple on the other end... 

Seems fairly obvious that it's something that is adjusted using the allen key thingo then locked in place with the nut.  

Any ideas what it is / where it comes from?

allen bolt with lock nut 2.JPG

allen bolt with lock nut 1.JPG

Hi Bob
I was thinking the same thing and the spin on filter is what I was thinking, too... but I don't see anything on the adaptor like this bolt...
Don't know the thread type either, but I don't think it would be screwed into the block.

The only other thing on that side of the engine that's non-original is the oil pressure switch, but I'm fairly sure this is not from there, either.

3 hours ago, BlueTR3A-5EKT said:

Aftermarket bonnet hinge stud and nut on side screen car perhaps. 

Peter W

Hi Peter
Not sure I know which part of the hinge you're talking about.  Do you have a photo that would help?

The hinge is attached to the bonnet with two studs. on originals these were plain, & not normaly removed from the hinge.

On repros they come separate from the hinge, & are screwed in tight before fitting to car. They are allen key type.

Bob.

1 hour ago, Lebro said:

The hinge is attached to the bonnet with two studs. on originals these were plain, & not normaly removed from the hinge.

On repros they come separate from the hinge, & are screwed in tight before fitting to car. They are allen key type.

Bob.

Dont know which aftermarket ones your buying as all of the ones Ive bought for the last umpteen years have just had plain studs with no Allen fixing.

Stuart.

Edited by stuart

Hi Bob et al

The bolt was from the bonnet hinge, as suggested... I must admit, I thought it was too small to be from there... but that's definitely where it came from.

Thanks for the help - not sure I EVER would have looked there!

28 minutes ago, Nobbyc said:

looking at the black deposit on the end it may have been used as a temporary plug in the oil gallery

nope - definitely came from the bonnet hinge... and now back in it's rightful spot!