Drop link rubber bushes

Greetings, oh sage ones,

mot last week, and the mechanic pointed out that the drop-link rubber had split on the LHS. These were replaced after the mot two years ago, less than 5,000 miles. Any suggestions where I can buy decent quality ones, please.

Thanks.

Austin

I've also fitted Classic Driving Development drop links to my TR6 and GT6, as was fed up with rubber failing quickly. The CDD links are 'fit and forget'. I hadn't noticed they were any noisier though.

Nigel

Note that drop links with a ball joint at both ends provide no lateral location for the ARB so alternative provision is required. I’ve seen a few fitted without  

I favour the uprated links with a ball joint at the wishbone end and Polybushes connecting to the bar. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/7/2019 at 11:26 PM, Drewmotty said:

Note that drop links with a ball joint at both ends provide no lateral location for the ARB so alternative provision is required. I’ve seen a few fitted without  

I favour the uprated links with a ball joint at the wishbone end and Polybushes connecting to the bar. 

Hi, do you happen to know where I can get those? Is it still Classic Driving Developments?

many thanks, Austin 

On 9/7/2019 at 10:26 PM, Drewmotty said:

Are we talking ARB links or damper links on this thread?

Interesting point about ARB from Drewmotty. Is the ARB likely to 'walk' through the clamps? What would you use to stop it - jubilee clip each side?

Having just fitted the CDD ARB links to a Spitfire I hadn't considered it wandering.

Jerry

20 minutes ago, jerrytr5 said:

Are we talking ARB links or damper links on this thread?

Interesting point about ARB from Drewmotty. Is the ARB likely to 'walk' through the clamps? What would you use to stop it - jubilee clip each side?

Having just fitted the CDD ARB links to a Spitfire I hadn't considered it wandering.

Jerry

It seems Rimmers use their link for both applications., You would need something to clamp the ARB if its going to be able to walk with double ended links. CDD do a clamp BTW https://classicdrivingdevelopment.co.uk/thumbnail.asp?image=ANTI ROLL BAR CLAMP Leaflet(7).jpg&d=600

Stuart.

I used to make my own front and rears links for my MX5 from rose joints and threaded bar/nuts so I could pre load the ARB's never had them fail using some stiff roll bars.

The std TR6 ones l ordered do look cheap and I can't see them lasting long. The uprated ones form Rimmers don't look too hot either at £40 a piece! Think I'll make some over the winter and post some pics seems a better way to go.

Andy