Bosch Fuel Filter change interval

How often do folks running bosch fuel pumps change the large fuel filter?

The fuel filter on my car was fitted over 20 years ago and done some 26k miles since its rebuild.  I thought it was about time for change.

I've not yet got round to fitting the replacement (PN 0 450 905 021  if anyone is interested, cost £22, its for a bosch 909 pump ) but I will open it up to see how it looks inside.

i am not expecting much debris as it has a small glass pre-filter and has had a new stainless steel fuel tank since the rebuild.

Mark.

Hi, I haven't got a set routine but aim to change both pre- and post-pump filters about every 10k miles. Last time, most of the crud captured by the filter looked like paint flakes from a bare metal respray a couple of years before!

Given that modern fuel injected cars will go 20-30k miles before they need a new fuel filter, 10k for a TR6 seems fine to me.

Nigel

Thanks chaps for you input.