Now that I have your attention... it's been a while that most of us have been struggling with the Register DOS-type steam search engine.

While browsing one MGTF forum I came across the type of indexation I've been looking for on the Register forum, to no avail.

So here is it: https://www.the-t-bar.com/forum/54-how-tos/25321-a-to-z-of-how-to-guides-pics-and-videos

Could the co-coordinators take this onboard please ?

Cheers

Stef- in the mean time if you do a google search and include 'TR forum' as part of the search term , you will find it works far better than the forum equivalent.

Edited by RobH

Hi Stef,

that looks very neat and tidy.

There appears to be one answer for each problem. Quite often our posts contain possible answers due to an iffy question.

If we went the MG way who would compile it, what/whose posts would they use etc etc.

As Rob states if you go in through Google it gets a little clearer.

Roger

Hi, interestingly it was always my intention to create an index page like this. It was attempted some years ago and involved users tagging thread starters with a series of subject tags which I would then have been able to link to and create a contents page.

The tagging system was required to be compulsory when posting thread starters in order to make it work and ensure all items were listed in the right subject areas, but was overwhelmingly rejected by forum users on here and so was abandoned. The tags have remained optional (as you have used them) but are rarely used and so are not comprehensive enough to create an index like that. 

Perhaps the new admin team can revive it.