As my brake fluid was contaminated I have replaced everything except copper pipes and unions. I’ve flushed it through with brakleen and then compressed air.

I have bought a set of Goodridge “Classic” hoses and as they have male ends will not pair with the unions. I imagine that the existing braided pipes were installed with non standard unions or am I missing something?

cheers Rob

D42E2E40-1AC4-4E1F-8B8E-F445D61E0733.jpeg

E8DF1ED9-F197-4CDE-B4A7-419D3E8AAB32.jpeg

720CC9AC-E796-4DDF-BDAE-A4E1FE72F6B9.jpeg

Thanks guys,

I discovered the metric/imperial thing when I bought new callipers.. mine are metric... 

But my problem revolves around the brake hose fittings... the braided ones I removed have female end but the new Goodridge TR5/6 “Classic” ones from Rimmers have male ends so will not connect to the unions on the chassis points???

Hi - I maybe wrong but I thought the front brake hoses on a TR6 didn't go straight into the caliper but were fitted to one end of a small section of highly curved metal brake pipe which then in turn fitted into the caliper.

That's the bit which can be easily modified with different ends to accommodate whichever type of thread you have in your caliper.

Cheers

Rich

Just been down to the garage to look at the pipe work again and I think I’ve solved the problem... also feeling a bit of a numptee!

the bit I was hoping to attach my new hoses to was in fact part of the old braided hoses which I hadn’t removed..

thanks for all the replies... nurse, the screens!

Edited by Robert Wilsher