I Finally Bought A TR7

Around three years after I had originally planned to, I finally bought myself a TR7 on Sunday evening.

I will post more extensive photographs soon, but only have a couple of when it arrived on Tuesday. I have been informed by the seller that it had been stored for a while before recently being recommissioned. I've been provided with an extensive folder full of receipts for parts and work which has been carried out to the car, from the early 90s onwards, and a few photos of it in magazine/paper features (which I shall scan for your viewing pleasure!).

I'm currently busy attempting to buy a new house at the moment, so it looks like I might not manage to get it out much before it's time for it's Winter slumber. I am a little upset at the timing, but the car was an ideal opportunity that I did not want to miss out on. It is requiring some minor fixes on the paintwork, so I will get cracking on that and the other minor work that needs to be done.

TR front.jpg

Engine.jpg

Edited by wedgegirl
clarifying days

Super! Great to hear your plans have finally come together and you are now a proud 7 owner!

good luck with the house purchase and look forward to seeing the other pics - enjoy your TR :)

........ Andy 

Well done and enjoy it.  I have clocked over 40k miles in the last 10 years so have learn't where to go for info, so feel free to PM me if you need anything.

Cheers

H

Edited by HowardB

Evening all,

Thanks for the kind words. As promised, here are some more pics.

I think it is going to take a while to get used to no power steering. Just moving it out and back into the garage was tough. We have noticed that the reverse lights don't stay on when the lever is at it's "resting" place, but do if I push and hold the lever slightly up to the left. Suspect there is a loose connection somewhere and hopefully there will be an easy enough fix.

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

1.jpg