Hi fitted Ecu having problems setting it up I have put the fuel pressure gauge in engine bay so petrol comes from the fuel tank though filter ,fuel pump ,filter then though fuel rail to pressure gauge then back to tank though the old fuel return pipe my question is is the old fuel return pipe big enough 

thanks Robin

Hello Robin

If is 5/16" (8mm) should be ok

Roger

Hello Robin,

The original fuel return pipe was designed to cope with metering unit leakage only. You will need to fit an 8mm return line to ensure adequate flow capacity. You can connect it to the tank return line from the original pressure regulating valve in the boot. Having completed this job myself just recently you will find you can follow the existing fuel line route but will have to use straight couplers close to the positions used by Triumph. It is possible to make it fit!

Ian

I expect the pressure regulator is at the fuel rail?

In that case the serious answer can only be measure the pressure

at the regulator output where it goes into the return line.

If there is pressure than the return line is too small.

As this is could be the case easily it might be a good idea not to measure at all

and add a fuel line in 8mm to be on the safe side.