TR2 Sidescreen Mounting Brackets (wedge type)

Hi,

Does anyone one know where I can get replacement knurled screws for sidescreen mounting brackets please? I have one missing and one bent (which I hope to carefully straighten).

Any help gratefully received

Best wishes

Ade

IMG_3252.jpeg

IMG_3245.jpeg

Edited by AJ2014
Photos added.

Hi Ade   I had 3 out of 4 screws missing , so i had my local precision engineering shop make some new ones. They had to drill out the old threads and retap with the new screws to match. Quite a tricky job, it cost £100 for all 4  

Keith

20190829_182033.thumb.jpg.aa634cd99135a5cd2c2a0236b0ef552a.jpg

I have the above collection of wedge sockets.  having converted to the later dzus type I wont be using these any more.

there are 5 screws total, two original (top right), 1 original but worn & possibly bent (bottom left)

& two modified ones with a larger dia knurled parts (top left).

Let me know if any of these are of use to you.

Bob.

Thank you Keith and Bob for your replies, very much appreciated.

Bob, I will send you a PM.

(I did note in the Stanpart catalogue that there was a part number for the knurled screw (602124) and for the retaining pin (552172)).

Best wishes

Ade

427480580_Wedge5.thumb.jpg.d9f02902c057f0bc68974bcdd2ffebea.jpg    154274842_Wedge4.thumb.jpg.f0540cc4ec70267bef7839b94f6df432.jpg

Investigation shows that the thread is ¼ UNF, & the above three sockets are the original shape with a "stubby" boss where the screw goes.

The screws will be pretty simple to make, I would probably make them out of stainless (to avoid chrome plating) if I was to make any.

Bob.

Edited by Lebro