TR4 vs TR4A metal dash

Hi All

A very quick question; does anyone know if the metal dash is different between the TR4 and the TR4A (aside from the fact the TR4A has the additonal veneered bit)? I want to put a TR4 metal dash on a TR4A and need to make sure the instruments and switches will still all fit.

As usual, thank you all in advance!!!

Adam

Adam, yes -  but they are not the same although the instrument locations are!

The differences are in the centre switch panel mountings & the shape of the hole for the steering column, but these are simple mods, you will be able to achieve the change you want with little effort

4 hours ago, NickKerfoot said:

Finding the metal glove box lid and the ascociated hinges may prove an expensive challenge too..... 

I suppose the wooden 4A one could be painted same colour as the metal parts? But of course would be nice to have the metal one.

Must be able to source a S/H '4' glove box lid from somewhere - but will it fit a 4A metal dashboard?  - Or, even better still a complete S/H '4' dashboard. Also, are we talking RHD? I notice mention of Solid Axle 4A which would have been LHD (unless subsequently converted).