Surrey top steel roof rear fixings

Hi there, I am getting to know my newly purchased TR5, which has a Surrey top. I bought a new set of fixings from Moss for the steel roof to the rear frame. The chrome headed screw is part no. 624818 and I ordered the spring, plain and fibre washers that go with it. When I assemble the washers onto the screws and insert then into the holes in the rear frame the ends of the screws are roughly level with the upper surface of the frame so there is no possibility of them engaging with the threads in the roof. The screw is about 26mm long and is just too short. Any thoughts on this? The frame is aluminium.  

Thanks, Denis 

It seems judging by part numbers that they are supplying the same screws that are used across the front of the windscreen frame to dash top. These are only about an inch long so nowhere near long enough for what you need.

Stuart.

If they are not exactly the correct length you risk punching up through the roof when you tighten them. I changed mine for fixed studs in the roof  -  also makes it easier to fit.

Jerry

Thanks for your replies. Stuart, I think you are right. They do look very much like the windscreen frame to dash top fastenings. I have now emailed Moss to point this out. Jerry, I am aware that over long screws will damage the roof. A previous owner had turned up aluminium spacers to prevent this from happening with the current over long screws. Denis