TRR Lakes Week-End

Hi Folks,

rather late information.

The Lakes Week-End will be on 6, 7, 8 September.

Drinks and chin wag on Friday night at the Crown pub High Newton.

Saturday  Sign on  between 9.30 - 10am at the Lake side ferry and Steam terminal.

Convoy run over the fells to the lunch stop.

Saturday afternoon visit to the lakes Car Museum - I understand a discount entry price has been blagged

Sunday morning  Meet at Lakeside Ferry terminal apprx 9.30 for a convoy over more fells.  Lunch stop

TRavel home safey.

Steve Cathy is organising things with Cat Tunnadine supporting in the background.

Roger 

Roger

trying to get up for Sunday depending on what i can book as i have left it late (wife now deciding lets go not in May when i asked)

there are some delightful B&B's for £600 a night put boutique on the name i remember one place when the kids had bunk beds now it has a jacuzzi etc

see you there

dave 

So it is Wednesday morning. I've had a wash and a shave and bags packed.

Heading off to the Lakes week-end via Porth Madoc.

Tomorrow, have a ride on the Welsh Highland railway.

What more do you need. 

See you all up there.

Roger

Roger

something has cropped up so looks dodgy to make it this year only missed two since 1986, i am always in a modern car anyway haha

hope plenty turn up to get it like the 80s and 90s i remember 120 cars signed on one year (yes my 5 was a regular then), with hairpins to navigate and a shear drop to the lake plus hard knott and wrynose great scenery well worth supporting this event

see you next time

david

Hi Dave,

that was one convoy each day.   There were about 16 cars present.

Not many by past standards but it is gaining momentum .

The new organiser (Steve Cathy) is very keen. Cat is giving him a hand while he gets his feet under the table.

Roger

• 2 months later...