Hardtop and Surrey top

Hi All

I intend converting my Hardtop/Ragtop back to a  normal hood etc.

It is brg in first class condition in aluminium fully trimmed with all the seals and the rear chrome trim

Both the rear screen and the top are aluminium with a perspex rear screen

The soft top is 2 years old made to measure and is slightly non standard in that the rear edge is secured by poppers not the integral bar. The reason for doing this was that it was nigh on impossible to do up the thumbscrews because of the roll cage.

My question is what might be the value of the above and where is the best place to sell it?

Regards

John

Second question first, depends if you want it to go to a good home or maximise the price. 

E bay will probably raise a price of about £2500 although the rear window would need about £3-400 allowing fitting to bring back to standard. Advertising here or on Buy and sell will keep it in the Register ... got to be your choice.

Mick Richards

7 minutes ago, Hamish said:

Keep it all with the car John. 

Ill need it all later  ......... ;)

7 minutes ago, Hamish said:

Keep it all with the car John. 

Ill need it all later  ......... ;)

Hi Hamish

There is a queue forming headed by my 9 year  old grand daughter!

Regards

John

1 hour ago, Motorsport Mickey said:

Second question first, depends if you want it to go to a good home or maximise the price. 

E bay will probably raise a price of about £2500 although the rear window would need about £3-400 allowing fitting to bring back to standard. Advertising here or on Buy and sell will keep it in the Register ... got to be your choice.

Mick Richards

Hi Mick

I would prefer to keep it in the Register so will probably take that route.

Thanks for the advice.

Regards

John

1 hour ago, JRCWeedon said:

Hi Hamish

There is a queue forming headed by my 9 year  old grand daughter!

Regards

John

As it should be John. 

She should have first dibs. 

• 3 weeks later...

John - very interested to hear about your mod to rear of canvas - press studs rather than rigid bar and the dreaded threaded bushes. Coincidentally I had just been pondering something quite similar (and sod the originality, my Surrey frame is a GRP lookalike anyway).

Do you have a picture? Any problem fitting the metal Surrey lid over the press studs, when required? Anyone else any experience/advice? Thanks.

Nigel